Tickets to China

I am always wondering if I could book online by ourselves or ask agency. The key issue for we Chinese (care about money:() is that if agency could get better deal than youself search online or not. Even you could diligently do your own search, but a good agency with promo for sure is the best! We kind like our long-time agency, and let me know if you want the number!

I will tell you my story about my effort for buying tickets.



First I search myself, my iPhone, Nexus 7 are loaded with all the travel help apps, you name it and I have it. Among all, I use most is Tripadvisor, and I like the feature of emailing me the price dropping alert. I searched the price for Jul-Aug to Beijing, the lowest is around $1600.

Then I talked to my long-time travel agency to ask her to keep eyes on the price, until she sends me a good quote, that's why you need a good one since you rely on her/his service. You are doomed if you have a not so good agency, by no so good means they dont really care about you or dont try to save your money:). A few days ago my agency sent me quote and indicated it's a fair price, not that good deal (she is nice, isn't she?!) and gave me the choice either go for it or hold a bit (you could get lower or higher price if you are willing to wait, you never know). The price for Air Canada Jul-Aug to Beijing is $1450, not bad at all, right? since I can only find $1600 online.

Next I went to the Air Canada website to look for the price around the date, and checked the Flexible Check Box online, and I found a better price just by 1 day difference so I held the tickets at once. The I contacted my lovely agency to see if she could get even better deal:)

So after all those "hard working", I may save $100-200 per ticket, for all 4 of us, pretty good saving? I could buy a nice Tablet:)) Or not worth it, I wish I could do it like the others, not even care spending time to save a little money. SIGHing...

Well, let me know your thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April Trip to Las Vegas

Things to do in Palm Springs

China Trip for Girls